Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com> on 2007/02/25 08:43:17 UTC

Do we really have to set a timestamp on the broker?

Rob, do you remember why added the following feature?

Setting the time on a message can break JMS spec compliance, plus it
forces us to have the overhead of getting the system time on every
message sent.   I was hoping we could roll this one back.

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Re: Do we really have to set a timestamp on the broker?

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Going to move this to a broker plugin for now then.

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.
Is there a new snapshot out with this change?

--jason

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
Well,

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.