Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by de...@mobigov.com on 2015/09/19 22:54:24 UTC

jmxremote and jmxremote_optional bundles

I was wondering if there were bundles out there that included
jmxremote_optional and jmxremote or if I have to include the jars in my
bundle. With all the jmx work in karaf and aires I kinda thought they
may already be there but I am missing something for where.

Re: jmxremote and jmxremote_optional bundles

Posted by de...@mobigov.com.

Yeah I realized that I was kinda going against the designed pattern here
and I looked at Dynamic-Import but it felt wrong. What I am looking at
now is using the extender pattern
http://blog.osgi.org/2007/02/osgi-extender-model.html but I know that is
a little shady too. I am using reactive streams with dynamic sources and
sinks. Ultimately I wish the publisher ran in the bundlecontext that it
was loaded with and the subscriber ran in its context but when I tie the
subscriber to the publisher then the subscriber is run in the same
bundlecontext as the publisher. I will use extender for now and if as I
learn more about OSGI I find a better way to do it then I will fix my
code. Ive been learning more and cleaning up for the past 3 months so I
will just keep chugging away little by little. I thank you for all your
time and explaining these concepts to me.

Thanks,

 David

On 2015-09-20 12:53, Achim Nierbeck wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> hmm, I guess you got the concept of OSGi wrong here.
> Cause you need to declare that you want to import that package in your manifest.
> In rare cases, for example when doing frameworks like Hibernate it's ok to have a Dynamic-Import in your Manifest.
> If you are unsure about a certain package to be available, it's ususally best to declare it optional.
> For example:
>
> Import-Package : com.foo.my.package;version:=1.0.0;resolution:=optional
>
> regards, Achim

> As a follow on question. When I try to add my MBean to the MBean server it fails because the bundlecontext of the code running the jmx connection doesn't know how to find my other class even though it is exported (I can see the package and bundle in the webconsole). How do I go about telling the current bundlecontext to load a bundle that has a class that it needs. I can't really use import-package on the compile because the other bundle may not be loaded yet and I don't think it should have a hardcoded dependency on the other package.
>
> Thank you for any help,
>
> David
>
> On 2015-09-20 11:22, development@mobigov.com wrote:
>
> Thanks Achim,
>
> This was exactly what I was looking for but with worse google fu.
>
> On 2015-09-20 04:56, Achim Nierbeck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> might want to use the one glassfish already provides, it's an OSGi bundle already. [1]
>
> regards, Achim
>
> [1] - http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Corg.glassfish.main.external%7Cjmxremote_optional-repackaged%7C4.1%7Cjar [1]

> I was wondering if there were bundles out there that included jmxremote_optional and jmxremote or if I have to include the jars in my bundle. With all the jmx work in karaf and aires I kinda thought they may already be there but I am missing something for where.
>
> --
>
> Apache Member
>
> Apache Karaf <http://karaf.apache.org/ [2]> Committer & PMC
> OPS4J Pax Web <http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/ [3]> Committer & Project Lead
> blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/ [4]>
> Co-Author of Apache Karaf Cookbook <http://bit.ly/1ps9rkS [5]>

Apache Member

Apache Karaf <http://karaf.apache.org/ [2]> Committer & PMC
OPS4J Pax Web <http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/ [3]>
Committer & Project Lead
blog <http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/ [4]>
Co-Author of Apache Karaf Cookbook <http://bit.ly/1ps9rkS [5]>

Links:
------
[2] http://karaf.apache.org/
[3] http://wiki.ops4j.org/display/paxweb/Pax+Web/
[4] http://notizblog.nierbeck.de/
[5] http://bit.ly/1ps9rkS

Re: jmxremote and jmxremote_optional bundles

Posted by de...@mobigov.com.

You are right I am trying to get way to fancy with this. I will adjust.

Thank you

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi David,

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.