Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Darren Gilroy <DG...@CONSONUS.com> on 2001/06/01 19:09:58 UTC

Jetspeed Registry

All -

I added the following entry to the jetspeed-config.jcfg file ....

<portlet-entry type="instance" name="Bandwidth">
  <classname>com.consonus.report.portlets.BandwidthPortlet</classname>
    <title>Bandwidth Reports</title>
</portlet-entry>

and created a psml file for my user with this entry ....

  <entry parent="Bandwidth" type="ref"/>

But I get an error in the jetspeed.log file ....

[Fri Jun 01 10:02:53 PDT 2001] -- INFO -- Failed to retrieve Bandwidth from
Portlet
[Fri Jun 01 10:02:53 PDT 2001] -- ERROR --  The portlet Bandwidth does not
exist in the Registry

I am upgrading from the 1.3a1 release to the latest CVS (as of last
Wednesday, I think) and copied and pasted from the old jetspeed-config.jcfg
file.

I have the BandwidthPortlet.class file in WEB-INF/classes/com...../

Ideas?
-best-darr-

Re: Jetspeed Registry

Posted by Stefan Wagner <wa...@ixtern.de>.
Hi!

Am Freitag,  1. Juni 2001 19:09 schrieben Sie:
> All -
>
> I added the following entry to the jetspeed-config.jcfg file ....
>
> <portlet-entry type="instance" name="Bandwidth">
>   <classname>com.consonus.report.portlets.BandwidthPortlet</classname>
>     <title>Bandwidth Reports</title>
> </portlet-entry>
>
> and created a psml file for my user with this entry ....
>
>   <entry parent="Bandwidth" type="ref"/>
>
> But I get an error in the jetspeed.log file ....
>
> [Fri Jun 01 10:02:53 PDT 2001] -- INFO -- Failed to retrieve Bandwidth from
> Portlet
> [Fri Jun 01 10:02:53 PDT 2001] -- ERROR --  The portlet Bandwidth does not
> exist in the Registry
>
> I am upgrading from the 1.3a1 release to the latest CVS (as of last
> Wednesday, I think) and copied and pasted from the old jetspeed-config.jcfg
> file.
>
> I have the BandwidthPortlet.class file in WEB-INF/classes/com...../
>
> Ideas?
> -best-darr-

In the current CVS the jc.jcfg is not used anymore. Make the same entries in
portlets.xreg and it will work!

Ciao
Stefan

Re: Jetspeed Registry

Posted by ra...@networks.groupvu.com.
Darren Gilroy wrote:

> All -
>
> I added the following entry to the jetspeed-config.jcfg file ....
>
> <portlet-entry type="instance" name="Bandwidth">
>   <classname>com.consonus.report.portlets.BandwidthPortlet</classname>
>     <title>Bandwidth Reports</title>
> </portlet-entry>
>
> and created a psml file for my user with this entry ....
>
>   <entry parent="Bandwidth" type="ref"/>
>
> But I get an error in the jetspeed.log file ....
>
> [Fri Jun 01 10:02:53 PDT 2001] -- INFO -- Failed to retrieve Bandwidth from
> Portlet
> [Fri Jun 01 10:02:53 PDT 2001] -- ERROR --  The portlet Bandwidth does not
> exist in the Registry
>
> I am upgrading from the 1.3a1 release to the latest CVS (as of last
> Wednesday, I think) and copied and pasted from the old jetspeed-config.jcfg
> file.
>
> I have the BandwidthPortlet.class file in WEB-INF/classes/com...../

If you tried to update the jetspeed-config.jcfg in the new CVS, this will not work
as it's not used anymore (and is removed in the latest CVS), you need to put your
portlet definitions in an .xreg file.

I'd advise you to simply create a new loacal-portlets.xreg file in the WEB-INF/conf/
directory and put all your specific portlet definitions in there. This way next time
you'll update your Jetspeed version, you'll simply have to copy your local xreg files
to the new WAR...

BTW, I'd also advise you to update to yesterday CVS as I fixed a few bug and added
several features (most notably portlet level customization...).

--
Raphaƫl Luta - luta.raphael@networks.vivendi.net