Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net> on 2013/05/22 16:38:03 UTC

YARN in 2.0 and 0.23

We intend to use the YARN APIs fairly soon.  Are there notable differences in YARNs classes, interfaces or semantics between 0.23 and 2.0?  It seems to be supported on both versions.
Thanks,
John

RE: YARN in 2.0 and 0.23

Posted by John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net>.
We don't necessarily have the freedom to choose; we are an application provider and we desire compatibility for as many versions as possible so as to fit into existing Hadoop installations.  For example, we currently read and write HDFS for 0.23, 1.0, 1.1, and 2.0.  Given that, am I trying to understand what significant differences to expect between the 0.23 and 2.0 YARN environments.

Thanks
John

Posted by John Lilley <jo...@redpoint.net>.

--