Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> on 2008/11/01 02:38:52 UTC

[VOTE] PLUTO-481: Promote branch 2.0-spi-refactoring as the new Pluto 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT trunk

Finally,

The 2.0-spi-refactoring branch which we started for issue PLUTO-481, see http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PLUTO-481, is in our view now
ready to be voted upon for promotion as the new Pluto 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT trunk.

After many, many refactoring iterations, we now reached a clean and stabile new Pluto 2.0 API and SPI interfaces which allows us to embed
Pluto again in the Jetspeed-2 Portal (still under development in its own jetspeed-2 branch JS2-871-pluto-2.0-upgrade).

While there are plenty of features which need "improvement" and of course lots of other cleanup/fixing issues, we don't expect *major*
changes in the API/SPI further on.
There are also still a few minor TCK 2.0 issues open, but those result from earlier changes on the trunk before this refactoring.
The refactoring branch actually is already (again) more compliant than the trunk itself.

So, we regard this task, which was primarily targeted at getting Pluto embeddable again for other portals and Jetspeed specifically, now as
finished.

Once this vote passes, we propose to *save* the current trunk by moving it to a new branch called "pre-2.0-refactoring-trunk-move".
Thereafter, the 2.0-spi-refactoring branch can be moved/promoted to trunk.

We'd like to ask all the active Apache Portals committers and other interested members of our community to review and cast your vote now!

With kind regards,

Ate Douma
David Taylor

Re: [VOTE] PLUTO-481: Promote branch 2.0-spi-refactoring as the new Pluto 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT trunk

Posted by Vivek Kumar <fi...@gmail.com>.
+1

Good work done.

Posted by Eric Dalquist <er...@doit.wisc.edu>.
+1

The work done looks great. uPortal will be looking at moving from Pluto
1.1 to 2.0 in early 2009 and have always planned on using the
post-refactoring code.

-Eric

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
+1

Posted by Dennis Dam <d....@onehippo.com>.
+1

Re: [RESULTS][VOTE] PLUTO-481: Promote branch 2.0-spi-refactoring as the new Pluto 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT trunk

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Eric Dalquist wrote:
> Since I haven't had a chance to really look yet, what is ccpp?

See: http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=188

Support for JSR-188 is now part of the Portlet API 2.0:
   PLT.11.1.4.2 The CC/PP Request Attribute

Ate

Posted by Eric Dalquist <er...@doit.wisc.edu>.

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
CDoremus@hannaford.com wrote:
> +1 to promoting 2.0-spi-refactoring to trunk.
Thanks Craig.

> Thanks for doing the merges. I'm really looking forward to getting Pluto
> 2.0 out the door. However, due to a death in the family, I cannot offer
> much help right now.
Oh, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss.
My sincere condolences to you and your family.
And this is definitely not the time to think about or concern yourself with things like Pluto.

Just for your information, and others interested: while we would have loved to announce the release of Pluto 2.0 here at the ApacheCon,
we think it to be just a little too early for that yet.
In the next several weeks we will continue working hard on further integration with Jetspeed and probably ironing out some more issues
within both Jetspeed and Pluto. But as soon as we think Pluto to be ready as a complete and production quality implementation of JSR-286,
we'll have it put up for release right away. So maybe, and hopefully, you'll be able to help out a little or more with that then after all.

Kind regards,

Ate

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.
Ate Douma wrote:
> CDoremus@hannaford.com wrote:
>>
> Hi Graig,

Craig, sorry about the typo to your name above which was just pointed out to me :)

Regards,

Ate

Re: [VOTE] PLUTO-481: Promote branch 2.0-spi-refactoring as the new Pluto 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT trunk

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Posted by CD...@hannaford.com.

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@yahoo.com>.
+1