Posted to user@storm.apache.org by sam mohel <sa...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/22 12:02:20 UTC

couldn't extract resources

I'm facing problem with supervisor[INFO] Downloading code for storm id
mytopology from /home/user/storms/storm/nimbus/stormdist/mytopology
***2015-12-18 02:43:13 util [INFO] Could not extract resources from
/home/user/storms/storm/supervisor/tmp/8d2dfdcc-ebed-4838-ae30-de1a3a7364f2/stormjar.jar***
2015-12-18 02:43:13 supervisor [INFO] Finished downloading code for
storm id mytopology from
/home/user/storms/storm/nimbus/stormdist/mytopology

then got in the supervisor still hasn't start

Re: couldn't extract resources

Posted by sam mohel <sa...@gmail.com>.
Many thanks for your replying , i used this code
https://github.com/mvogiatzis/first-stories-twitter
 in local mode and worked successfully but now i'm tring to use it in
distributed mode
i attached here logs file for more details that may be help to fix it .
the spout and bolts i read in the blog of the coder here in the link
http://micvog.com/2013/09/08/storm-first-story-detection/

he wrote that "

The tweets are emitted one by one into the topology. I’m using a Storm
built-in mechanism (called DRPC
<https://github.com/nathanmarz/storm/wiki/Distributed-RPC>) to request the
result for a tweet. The DRPC allows an application to parallelize an
intense function on top of Storm and call that function from within your
application to get the results back. Hence the Distributed Remote Procedure
Call. The following code is located in the main method. It emits the data
into the topology and saves the results to a file. Note that the input
stream can equally be a real-time feed instead of a file, such as a Twitter
spout
<https://github.com/mvogiatzis/storm-unshortening/blob/master/src/main/java/spouts/TwitterSpout.java>
implementation reading
off the Twitter API.

while ((tweetJson = br.readLine()) != null) {
   String result = drpc.execute(TOPOLOGY_NAME, tweetJson);
   fos.write(result.getBytes());
   fos.write(newLine);
}

The topology design is explained in separate steps below.
Code block 1
1
2
3
4
5
TridentTopology topology = new TridentTopology();
topology.newDRPCStream(TOPOLOGY_NAME, drpc)
.each(new Fields("args"), new TextProcessor(), new Fields("textProcessed"))
.each(new Fields("textProcessed"), new VectorBuilder(),
   new Fields("tweet_obj", "uniqWordsIncrease"))
"
and he wrote about bolts "Bolts on the other hand are the logical units of
the application and can perform operations such as running functions,
filtering, streaming aggregations, streaming joins and updating databases."

which i think the spout in the class FirstStoryDetection here in the link
https://github.com/mvogiatzis/first-stories-twitter/blob/master/src/main/java/trident/FirstStoryDetection.java

line 256

but bolts i think it is also here in the trident
https://github.com/mvogiatzis/first-stories-twitter/tree/master/src/main/java/trident
main class
from line 223 to line 289

in this link