Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Jan Piotrowski <pi...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/30 16:51:08 UTC

[PRs] "Deprecation and Archiving Policy"

I just finished revising my PRs regarding the deprecation and
archiving of repositories. Finishing this is needed to actually be
able to go ahead and vote on the archival of the first repositories.

1. First one is a general "Deprecation and Archiving Policy" that
would be available on our website at
https://cordova.apache.org/deprecation_policy.html:

PR: https://github.com/apache/cordova-docs/pull/878
Preview: https://github.com/apache/cordova-docs/blob/b8a7c650e97e3e0251464d7085b097032af16fb6/www/deprecation_policy.md#meaning-of-deprecation

2. Second are the contributor targeted instructions that would live in
https://github.com/apache/cordova-contribute. This includes the
individual steps, but also the templates for the deprecation notice to
places in README of the deprecated component:

PR: https://github.com/apache/cordova-contribute/pull/2
Preview: https://github.com/apache/cordova-contribute/blob/e690e4d098b3c95f997a50ec2d060b51a905993f/deprecation.md

Additionally to these two PRs, I went ahead and created
https://github.com/apache/cordova-deprecated which contains a list of
all our already deprecated components. For the plugins I added the
necessary information already. That way we can achive a repository
(making its README readonly) and still update links to alternatives
etc.

Please look over these 2 PRs I linked above, leave comments and
reviews [1]. Thanks!

Best,
Jan

[1] https://help.github.com/articles/reviewing-proposed-changes-in-a-pull-request/#submitting-your-review

Re: [PRs] "Deprecation and Archiving Policy"

Posted by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com>.
With all this work, I think we can now close
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-13023, right?

Posted by Jan Piotrowski <pi...@gmail.com>.