Posted to users@rave.apache.org by Eduardo López <ed...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/05 20:16:44 UTC

Making my own widgets

Hi,

I have created an extended portal with rave using 0.23-SNAPSHOT, now I want
to make my own widgets with it instead using their own widgets, could you
give me some advice of how I can do this?

Thanks.

Re: Making my own widgets

Posted by Chris Geer <ch...@cxtsoftware.com>.
First place I'd start is looking at the demo gadgets that are part of the
Rave source code. That would give you a good starting point and some good
examples. Past that there are lots of websites that give various example of
how to build OpenSocial or W3C gadgets depending on what spec you want to
use. After you have your gadget defined you can add it to the widget store
in rave from the top menu.

OpenSocial Specification:
http://opensocial.github.io/spec/2.5/Core-Gadget.xml (not a fun read but
all the OpenSocial information)

Re: Making my own widgets

Posted by Eduardo López <ed...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gonzalo,

Thanks for your answer, I have used Wookie for making widgets and it works
perfect, but I have a problem with importing them to widget store on Rave.

After creating my widget with Wookie, I copy the folder that contains all
the widget files to the folder where Rave has all its example widgets
($RAVE_HOME/myraveproject-portal/target/tomcat6x/webapps/wookie/deploy/
www.getwookie.org/widgets), and then I copy the .wgt file of the widget to
the folder where Rave has all its .wgt examples
($RAVE_HOME/myraveproject-portal/target/tomcat6x/webapps/wookie/upload),
then, I execute Rave and when I try to add a new widget (W3C), my widget
does not appear on the list, so I cannot add it, could you give me some
advice about how I can do this? am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Re: Making my own widgets

Posted by Gustavo Monarin <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matthew, yeap, i liked too, so thanks @ryanjbaxter :)

I just updated my local git repository and everything is working ok....

have you tried these steps to get this error? :

$ git clone git@github.com*/*OpenSocial/explorer.git
$ cd explorer
$ mvn clean package -P run

--

Gustavo Monarin de Sousa

Re: Making my own widgets

Posted by "Matthew Hager [W2O Digital]" <mh...@w2odigital.com>.
Gustavo!

Re: Making my own widgets

Posted by Gustavo Monarin <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You may find usefull the opensocial explorer[1][2]. It has really
interesting examples and also you can edit, write and run it in a really
easy way, before registering and running in your rave.

Have fun!

[1] https://github.com/OpenSocial/explorer
[2] www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2x_AugZwqs
<https://www.google.de/search?q=opensocial+explorer&oq=opensocial+explorer&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60l2j69i61j69i64.3418j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#>