Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by ho...@mac.com on 2001/04/01 23:58:54 UTC

[C2] Problems handling Exceptions

Hello fellow XML enthusiasts,

I am currently working with Cocoon2 and Tomcat4 on Mac OS X (Hotspot
1.3.0 compiler). I am trying to do some simple proof of concept work
calling some existing java classes from xsp.

Things were going well until I got to a constructor that could return an
IOException. I cannot seem to create this object using this constructor.
The object has another constructor that doesn't throw any exceptions and
it works fine. I rewrote (hacked) the class to bury the exception and
that works fine too, so I don't think it is a problem with our legacy
code. I tried adding a try-catch-block to the xsl:logic section where
I'm creating the object but that doesn't seem to work either.

Is there any documentation for xsp with Cocoon2? I have done some work
with C1 but things seem to have changed significantly! :o) Any help or
direction on xsp with C2 (especially the exception problem) would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your patience.
---
David Holsclaw