Posted to docs@cocoon.apache.org by David Novogrodsky <da...@novogrodsky.net> on 2003/05/30 22:22:28 UTC

Creating new documentation. What DTD should I use?

Re: Creating new documentation. What DTD should I use?

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@indexgeo.com.au>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> David Novogrodsky wrote:
>
> > I would like to create a new document describing the Cocoon framework.
<snip/>

> Currently there are two forms of docs:
>
> a) The cocoon.apache.org website docs, written in XML according to the
> document-v10.dtd DTD (sometimes called "xdocs").
> For example, in the Cocoon CVS source tree, file
> src/documentation//xdocs/userdocs/generators/file-generator.xml
> The current idea is to use these for reference documentation only.

And for core conceptual documentation, e.g. The definitive doc
for sitemap is xdocs/userdocs/concepts/sitemap.xml

David, if your document fits in this category then please
discuss it on this cocoon-docs list and eventually send a
patch via Bugzilla.

> b) The Wiki docs, written according to the JSPWiki text formatting
> rules (http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=TextFormattingRules)
> It is much easier to add documents to the Wiki, so feel free to write
> directly there, after searching for pages similar to or related to what
> you want to write.

Feel free, it is a free-for-all documentation experience.
Some great docs are evolving that way.

--David

Re: Creating new documentation. What DTD should I use?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Hi David,

> I would like to create a new document describing the Cocoon framework.
> I have found the page template in the Cocoon wiki
> (http://wiki.cocoondev.org).

Which page template are you talking of?

> Is there a DTD I have to use in addition to the page template? I was
> thinking of using simplified doc book, would that be OK?

Currently there are two forms of docs:

a) The cocoon.apache.org website docs, written in XML according to the
document-v10.dtd DTD (sometimes called "xdocs").
For example, in the Cocoon CVS source tree, file
src/documentation//xdocs/userdocs/generators/file-generator.xml
The current idea is to use these for reference documentation only.

b) The Wiki docs, written according to the JSPWiki text formatting
rules (http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=TextFormattingRules)
It is much easier to add documents to the Wiki, so feel free to write
directly there, after searching for pages similar to or related to what
you want to write.

Hope this helps,
Bertrand