Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Tako Molanus <mo...@yahoo.com> on 2001/01/04 16:49:09 UTC

Cocoon 1.8 and ESQL

Hi there,

I installed the newest version of cocoon 1.8 from the
Dev Snapshots ection (xml-cocoon_20010104051429.tar.gz
) today and everything seems to work just fine except
the ESQL taglib.
Although it worked fine up to now (the last time I
installed cocoon was appr. two months ago), now I get
the following error message every time I call an XML
file using ESQL:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at
._Apache._cocoon_1_8._cocoon_1_8._PeopleFinder._ophalen_medewerkers.populateDocument(_ophalen_medewerkers.java:456)

Any of you got any idea on what's wrong?

Thanks in advance

Tako Molanus

http://photos.yahoo.com/

Re: Cocoon 1.8 and ESQL

Posted by Werner Guttmann <We...@msdw.com>.
Donald,

I've had the same problem as Tako (after downloading the build as he did), and I went back to the esql.xml file from the
sample folder.

Here's what I am trying to get executed:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
<?xml-logicsheet href="resource://org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/sql/esql.xsl"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="../xsl/opr-page.html.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>

<xsp:page
  language="java"
  xmlns:context="http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Context"

<page>

<esql:connection>
  <esql:driver>com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybDriver</esql:driver>
  <esql:dburl>jdbc:sybase:Tds:pisdb3:7044/spider</esql:dburl>
  <esql:username>spideradm</esql:username>
  <esql:password>spideradm</esql:password>
  <esql:execute-query>
    <esql:query>select * from SPPoller</esql:query>
    <esql:results>
      <esql:row-results>
        <exchange>
          <id><esql:get-string column="exg"/></id>
          <site><esql:get-string column="site"/></site>
        </exchange>
      </esql:row-results>
    </esql:results>
  </esql:execute-query>
</esql:connection>

</page>

</xsp:page>

Btw, I've been using Cocoon for a couple of months now, but this is about the first time I am trying to use the esql
logicsheet. The code above is derived mainly by looking at the sample provided.

Regards
Werner

Re: Cocoon 1.8 and ESQL

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.