Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com> on 2013/09/28 18:17:09 UTC

Announcements on the new site's homepage

Hey all,

I've added a bit of jQuery / YQL magic to the index page for the new
site that will pull in the latest posts to our blog [1] that are in the
announcement category (using the Atom feed [2]).

There are 2 places where it shows up:

(1) a top left panel area that will show the title of the most recent
announcement published, with a link to the anchor for (2)

(2) the bottom of the page will show the last 3 announcements from the
feed, including title, published date and the HTML content

I wanted to point this out on the list, so that people know where that
content is coming from (so that the placeholder divs aren't messed
with), as well as to be sure that folks posting to the blog know to set
the category for relevant announcement posts.

I choose to limit to announcements only, so that we have a bit of a
distinction between the entire blog and official announcements.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

-chip

[1] https://blogs.apache.org/cloudstack/
[2] https://blogs.apache.org/cloudstack/feed/entries/atom?cat=%2FAnnouncements