Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by "Admin @ Goodun" <ad...@goodunlimited.co.uk> on 2023/03/25 17:13:57 UTC

Git branch display

Is there a way of getting NetBeans to (always) display the git branch I
currently am switched to?

Mark
(v17)

Re: Git branch display

Posted by "Admin @ Goodun" <ad...@goodunlimited.co.uk>.
Ouch!  You're right (again 8-) ).

An attack of tunnel vision led me to only look at the packagedbuilds
directory, where the latest is 1.0.2, rather than the (more sensible)
"Releases" button.  Thank you.

Re: Git branch display

Posted by Thomas Kellerer <sh...@gmx.net>.

Re: Git branch display

Posted by "Admin @ Goodun" <ad...@goodunlimited.co.uk>.
Thanks to all who replied.

I have now installed the plugin that John & Thomas referred me to and
it shows my current git branch in the status bar, fabulous!

It was a little hard to install since it didn't show up in the plugin
dialog, ie it's no longer in any of the NB "portal" areas.

What I had to do (thanks John for the private email) was download the
code (I did it as a zip and then unpacked it) and then look at the
"Downloaded" tab of the plugin dialog and click "Add" which allowed me
to pick the packaged 1.0.2 version from the downloaded files.

This wasn't quite the end of the story since my setup then complained
about "pack200" ("pack"?  Not sure, but definitely "200").  Fortunately
it then presented me with the jdk directory which contained a file
named that and once that was selected the installation proceeded
smoothly.  Of course (!) I had to restart NB to activate the plugin,
even though NB didn't mention this as a requirement.

It's great that this still works, but it is nine years old (!!), which
is a bit worrying.  The original developer seems to have disappeared,
will no-one else clone this and get it into the Apache portals (I don't
know java very well and have too many other projects on the go 8-( )?

Mark

Re: Git branch display

Posted by Thomas Kellerer <sh...@gmx.net>.

Re: Git branch display

Posted by "Admin @ Goodun" <ad...@goodunlimited.co.uk>.

Re: Git branch display

Posted by Thomas Kellerer <sh...@gmx.net>.
Admin @ Goodun schrieb am 25.03.2023 um 18:13:
> Is there a way of getting NetBeans to (always) display the git branch I
> currently am switched to?

I am using this plugin

Re: Git branch display

Posted by John Lavelle <jo...@jql.co.uk>.
Hi,

There used to be a Plug-in called Show_Branch_In Statusbar.

Best regards,
John
john@jql.co.uk
Bike Farkles: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPRV92Cf_R1ihviRtVU2teQ
JLavelle.uk https://www.youtube.com/jlavelleuk

Re: Git branch display

Posted by Thomas Wolf <tj...@gmail.com>.

Re: Git branch display

Re: Git branch display

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 25 Mar 2023, 17:16 Admin @ Goodun, <ad...@goodunlimited.co.uk>
wrote:

> Is there a way of getting NetBeans to (always) display the git branch I
> currently am switched to?

Tools / Options / Team / Versioning / show labels.

Best wishes,

Neil