Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by sac vish <xm...@hotmail.com> on 2001/05/04 23:13:53 UTC

SOAP as RPC?

Soap Gurus,
We want to use SOAP as RPC mechanism between set of indepdently running
applications. What I found with Apache SOAP is our registerd class (web
service) gets instantiated by Java reflection and runs under web server
process. So there is need to have some interprocess mechanism between this
registered class and actual application. This again brings RMI/CORBA/Sockets
into picture. We started looking into SOAP to get rid of all these
technoloiges. But apprently it is not happening.
Am I missing something here? Could u suggest any other implementation where
I can do RPC without use of any of these technologies?

Thanks
Sac

Re: SOAP as RPC?

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@computer.org>.
Look at GLUE, a free download from http://www.themindelectric.com.
It has a built-in HTTP server and servlet engine.

Scott

versus

Posted by graham glass <gr...@mindspring.com>.
hi guys,

should structures be encoded using <all> or <sequence>?

cheers,
graham