Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by Sea <26...@qq.com> on 2016/12/08 09:33:31 UTC

[Discussion] Some confused properties

Hi, all:
    I am trying to use carbon,  but I am confused about the properties as blow:

carbon.storelocation=hdfs://hacluster/Opt/CarbonStore
#Base directory for Data files
carbon.ddl.base.hdfs.url=hdfs://hacluster/opt/data
#Path where the bad records are stored
carbon.badRecords.location=/opt/Carbon/Spark/badrecords

Why do I need to set carbon.storelocation and  carbon.ddl.base.hdfs.url before I create carbon table?

Best Regards
yuhai

Re: [Discussion] Some confused properties

Posted by Liang Chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Thanks you started the discussion.
the storelocation is for storing all CarbonData files.

Regards
Liang

cenyuhai wrote

Posted by Ravindra Pesala <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Carbon takes store location from CarbonContext and sets to CarbonProperties
as carbon.storelocation , so it is not required to add store location in
properties file. And carbon.ddl.base.hdfs.url is not a mandatory property
it is just used when load path is provided with prefix then it appends this
configured prefix to it.

Regards,
Ravi

--
Thanks & Regards,
Ravi

Re: [Discussion] Some confused properties

Posted by jarray888 <ja...@163.com>.
when you load data into carbon , if the source data file have dirty data , it
will forward to this location.