Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com> on 2016/10/31 13:36:28 UTC

Status of Apache NetBeans (incubating)

Hi all!

Things are moving along and we're getting close to wrapping up the software
grant. Apache folks and our mentors have seen the proposed document from
Oracle and Oracle is now getting the document signed.

After that, Jaroslav Tulach and others will be welcome to experiment with
moving hg.netbeans.org/releases to an Apache Git repo and experiment there
with Jenkins and other release management tools. However, before that, I
recommend we put up some thoughts on the Wiki about ideas we have for how
to organize code and so on.

Here's the Apache Transition document we've worked on together in different
ways:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Apache+Transition

Would be great to surface some of the discussions we've had on this mailing
list and put them up as proposals similar to this one by Jan Lahoda:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Experiment%3A+split+the+main+NetBeans+repository

Also, note I have put a draft monthly podling report up here together with
the others:

http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/November2016

Comments/thoughts are more than welcome, in fact, needed.

Thanks,

Gj

Re: Status of Apache NetBeans (incubating)

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Le 31/10/16 à 14:53, Bertrand Delacretaz a écrit :
> Hi Geertjan,
>
> On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 2:36 PM, Geertjan Wielenga
> <ge...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/November2016
>
> Thanks for this! I have made two minor changes, you put "not
> applicable" for the below items, I've changed to:
>
> Date of last release:
>   No releases yet.
>
> When were the last committers or PMC members elected?
>   No one has been elected so far.
>
> Those things are indeed applicable, it's just that we haven't done
> them so far, which is of course not a problem given that this podling
> is just getting started.
>
> The report looks good to me and it looks like we'll have more concrete
> stuff to report on next month!
Hi !

I was going to suggest we mention the fact that the code donation paper
is currently being processed, and that is the last step before we can
inject the sources in The ASF repo, but it's already in teh report :-)

Nicely done, nothing more to add !

Re: Status of Apache NetBeans (incubating)

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi Geertjan,

<ge...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/November2016

Thanks for this! I have made two minor changes, you put "not
applicable" for the below items, I've changed to:

Date of last release:
  No releases yet.

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?
  No one has been elected so far.

Those things are indeed applicable, it's just that we haven't done
them so far, which is of course not a problem given that this podling
is just getting started.

The report looks good to me and it looks like we'll have more concrete
stuff to report on next month!

-Bertrand