Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Khurram <kh...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/22 07:22:11 UTC

train SentenceDetectorME

How can i train SentenceDectectorME so that it does not treat dates written
like mm.dd.yyyy. as end of sentence. i tried giving a few examples in
sentences.txt and re-running the test but it always seem to treat the dots
as end of sentence...

is there a least number of time the training model has to see the pattern as
a word within sentence before it learns that the dots are not indicators of
end of sentence.

Khurram.

Re: train SentenceDetectorME

Posted by Khurram <kh...@gmail.com>.
the language is english but i am trying to understand the learning model so
i can make it work in different scenarios... any decimal point like 3.14 any
birthdate any acronym should not signify end of sentence... probably looking
for something like Regex Name finder.

thanks,
Khurram

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.