Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kaspar Fischer <fi...@inf.ethz.ch> on 2008/01/19 18:30:32 UTC

[T4.1.3/4.1.4] Get HTML output of request (for caching)?

Hi everybody,

We have rather complex pages that take some time to render and I want to
cache them as HTML files.

For this, I need the output of a (HTML) request from the page service
and store it on disk. When a next request comes, I want to return it
directly.

How can I get hold of the output of a request? Looking at the Tapestry
source, it seems that I need to override DefaultResponseBuilder.java
in some way.

Or are there any hooks by which Tapestry could inform me when the HTML
is rendered? And maybe a way to let me give it a stream to return
directly?

If not, could somebody outline, very roughly, what needs to be coded?

That would make it much easier for me to get started and come up
with more concrete questions. Of course, I'll share the result here
on the list again.

Many thanks!
Kaspar

--
Kaspar Fischer
kaspar.fischer@baselgovernance.org

Re: [T4.1.3/4.1.4] Get HTML output of request (for caching)?

Posted by Kaspar Fischer <fi...@inf.ethz.ch>.
On 19.01.2008, at 19:06, Andreas Andreou wrote:

> I've created & used
> http://tapfx.cvs.sourceforge.net/tapfx/tapfx-tapestry4/src/java/net/
> sf/tapfx/components/cache/
>
> It should work for 4.1.x & i'll probably need it some time soon,
> so, take a look

Wow! Thanks a lot, that's great!

Kaspar

Re: [T4.1.3/4.1.4] Get HTML output of request (for caching)?

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@gmail.com>.
I've created & used

On Jan 19, 2008 7:30 PM, Kaspar Fischer <fi...@inf.ethz.ch> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> We have rather complex pages that take some time to render and I want to
> cache them as HTML files.
>
> For this, I need the output of a (HTML) request from the page service
> and store it on disk. When a next request comes, I want to return it
> directly.
>
> How can I get hold of the output of a request? Looking at the Tapestry
> source, it seems that I need to override DefaultResponseBuilder.java
> in some way.
>
> Or are there any hooks by which Tapestry could inform me when the HTML
> is rendered? And maybe a way to let me give it a stream to return
> directly?
>
> If not, could somebody outline, very roughly, what needs to be coded?
>
> That would make it much easier for me to get started and come up
> with more concrete questions. Of course, I'll share the result here
> on the list again.
>
> Many thanks!
> Kaspar
>
> --
> Kaspar Fischer
> kaspar.fischer@baselgovernance.org

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://blog.andyhot.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer
Open Source / JEE Consulting

Re: [T4.1.3/4.1.4] Get HTML output of request (for caching)?

Posted by Kaspar Fischer <fi...@inf.ethz.ch>.
Oops, I should have searched a little longer first:

   http://www.nabble.com/How-to-store-the-rendering-of-a-page-in-a-
String-to10355949.html#a10390604

I'll take a look at this.

Sorry,