Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Alain FAGOT BÉAREZ <ab...@for-scala.it> on 2018/10/01 18:56:29 UTC

Re: [VOTE] xmlbeans 3.0.2 release

As long as the resulting bytecode targets JVM 1.6 bytecode, it should not matter which JDK is used for compilation. I don't remember exactly where in the `build.gradle` the `jvmTarget: "1.6"` has to be defined, but it would be pretty much all...

⁣Gesendet mit BlueMail ​

Posted by Dominik Stadler <do...@gmx.at>.
Hi,

sorry for the delay, from my side this looks fine now, class-files compare
much better to the ones from 3.0.1 release.

Maybe you can call a new VOTE so we can get on with the release formally.

Dominik.

Posted by "pj.fanning" <fa...@yahoo.com>.
I've created a basic build job at
https://builds.apache.org/view/P/view/POI/job/POI-XMLBeans-DSL-1.6

I downloaded the zip/tgz/jar files from the build (built using JDK 1.6).

I replaced the artifacts in the staging repos:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/staging/org/apache/xmlbeans/xmlbeans/3.0.2/

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/poi/xmlbeans/

Posted by kiwiwings <ki...@apache.org>.
Please keep in mind that the compiler target version doesn't check for API
restrictions. So to play safe, I would prefer compiling it with the latest
JDK 6.

How about setting up a Jenkins build?

Andi

--