Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Gunnar Eketrapp <gu...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/16 10:19:46 UTC

T5 / Ajax / What controls XHR ?

Hi!

We have trouble with zone updates via an ActionLink in Internet Explorer (7
& 8).
And right now this is stopping is from launchin our new site ....

For some reason the request.isXHR() is fasle when the request comes from IE.

A newbie question what so ever.

What controls the XHR flag?

It must be something in ..

   javascript:Tapestry.waitForPage(event);

Right?

Another strange thing is that an actionlink within a zone does not have a
onClick attribute after a zone update (according to firebug) but works
anyway!

When page is first rendeerd
=======================
<a id="forgotPassword2" href="sv/register.telllayout.forgotpassword2"
onclick="javascript:Tapestry.waitForPage(event);">Glömt lösenordet?</a>

After the zone has been updated (according to firebug)
<a id="forgotPassword2-12596c1dd00" href="
/sv/register.telllayout.forgotpassword2">Glömt lösenordet?</a>

Thanks in advance!
Gunnar Eketrapp

Re: T5 / Ajax / What controls XHR ?

Posted by Kristian Marinkovic <kr...@porsche.co.at>.
the prototype library is setting a HTTP header
that is processed by T5 to determine if the request
is an AJAX request.

the request should contain a header entry with:
'X-Requested-With': 'XMLHttpRequest'

g,
kris

Inge Solvoll <in...@gmail.com>
16.12.2009 10:33
Bitte antworten an
"Tapestry users" <us...@tapestry.apache.org>

An
Tapestry users <us...@tapestry.apache.org>
Kopie

Thema
Re: T5 / Ajax / What controls XHR ?

Try analyzing the real request serverside. See RequestImpl.isXHR(). Check
out which headers are set.

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 10:19 AM, Gunnar Eketrapp
<gunnar.eketrapp@gmail.com

Re: T5 / Ajax / What controls XHR ?

Posted by Inge Solvoll <in...@gmail.com>.