Posted to dev@orc.apache.org by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@apache.org> on 2021/06/04 04:36:01 UTC

Adding `releasenotes` label for Apache ORC 1.7.0

Hi, All.

Please add a label, `releasenotes`, to the notable JIRA issues which you want to add to the Apache ORC  1.7.0 release notes. This will be the first step toward Apache ORC 1.7.0 release.

Bests,
Dongjoon.

Re: Adding `releasenotes` label for Apache ORC 1.7.0

Posted by Dongjoon Hyun <do...@gmail.com>.
Hi, All.

For Apache ORC 1.7.0, we have 10 fixed JIRA with release notes. It looks
enough for Apache ORC release and branch cut.

ORC-377 Adding writing with snappy compression to orc c++ writing lib
ORC-577 Allow row-level filtering
ORC-731 Improve `Java Tools`
ORC-742 LazyIO of non-filter columns in the presence of filters
ORC-751 Implement Predicate Pushdown for C++ Reader
ORC-755 Introduce OrcFilterContext
ORC-757 Add Hashtable implementation for dictionary
ORC-780 Add LZ4 Compression to the C++ Writer
ORC-797 Allow writers to get the stripe information
ORC-818 Build and test in Apple Silicon

Please add more `releasenotes` labels if you want to have it in the release
note.
I'll make `branch-1.7` next Monday. It's a soft-cut for 1.7.0 preparation
and the committers still can backport the new features.

Dongjoon.