Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by Richard Downer <ri...@apache.org> on 2014/10/13 22:32:28 UTC

Snapshot artifacts now available through repository.apache.org

All,

Brooklyn is now being regularly built and its SNAPSHOT Maven artifacts
are being published on repository.apache.org. This is now the official
home for our Maven builds since our Maven group ID for our artifacts
was changed to org.apache.brooklyn a few days ago.

If you want to access the SNAPSHOT artifacts, you will need to make a
change to your Maven configuration to refer to repository.apache.org
snapshots.

You can do this with a ~/.m2/settings.xml file like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<settings xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.0.0"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.0.0
http://maven.apache.org/xsd/settings-1.0.0.xsd">

  <profiles>
    <profile>
      <id>apache-snapshots-repo</id>
      <activation>
        <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
      </activation>
      <repositories>
        <repository>
          <id>apache-snapshots-repo</id>
          <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots</url>
          <snapshots>
          <enabled>true</enabled>
          </snapshots>
        </repository>
      </repositories>
    </profile>
  </profiles>

</settings>

Or, if you are a downstream project depending on Brooklyn, you can add
this to pom.xml:

      <repositories>
        <repository>
          <id>apache-snapshots-repo</id>
          <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots</url>
          <snapshots>
          <enabled>true</enabled>
          </snapshots>
        </repository>

A general FAQ about repository.apache.org is available here:
https://www.apache.org/dev/repository-faq.html

Note that Brooklyn SNAPSHOT builds published via oss.sonatype.org and
with a group ID of io.brooklyn are NO LONGER being updated. If you
want to continue using SNAPSHOT builds please follow the instructions
above.

Richard.