Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Steven Murphy <di...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/01 23:45:32 UTC

Getting VerifyError: TypeStore.find_element_user (need help)

Hi, I'm very new to XMLBeans.  I've been through the docs, FAQs, etc.,  but
I'm stuck on a problem.

I'm trying to parse the national weather service XML feed.  The following
URL points to the XSD file:

   http://www.weather.gov/data/current_obs/current_observation.xsd

I've successfully used scomp to generate the JAR file.  And I changed the
classpath ordered for the JAR files (websphere 5.1) for my local server (in
RSA).

The following lines seem to work (no errors at least):

URL url = new URL("http://www.nws.noaa.gov/data/current_obs/KMSP.xml");
CurrentObservationDocument document =
CurrentObservationDocument.Factory.parse(url);

The following line doesn't:

CurrentObservationDocument.CurrentObservation observation =
document.getCurrentObservation();

It produced the following Exception:

java.lang.VerifyError:
org/apache/xmlbeans/impl/values/TypeStore.find_element_user(Ljavax/xml/namespace/QName;I)Lorg/apache/xmlbeans/impl/values/TypeStoreUser;

I'm not sure what to do at this point.  I've search the Internet for info
but found little that helped.

Any help would be appreciated.

RE: Getting VerifyError: TypeStore.find_element_user (need help)

Posted by Radu Preotiuc-Pietro <ra...@bea.com>.
Steven,
java.lang.VerifyError indicates that the representation of the class
does not correspond to the constraints in the Java spec, so basically
your .class or .jar file is corrupt. Try re-downloading (or re-building)
XmlBeans and maybe use the md5 sum to verify your download.

Radu

[...]

by email and then delete it.