Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Vasileios Vlachos <va...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/24 12:45:12 UTC

StatusLogger output

Hello,

Environment:
- Cassandra 2.0.17, 8 nodes, 4 per DC
- Ubuntu 12.04, 6-Cores, 16GB of RAM (we use VMWare)

Every node seems to be dropping messages (anywhere from 10 to 300) twice a
day. I don't know it this has always been the case, but has definitely been
going for the past month or so. Whenever that happens we get
StatusLogger.java output in the log, which is the state of the node at the
time it dropped messages. This output contains information
similar/identical to nodetool tpstats, but further from that, information
regarding system CF follows as can be seen here: http://ur1.ca/ooan6

How can we use this information to find out what the problem was? I am
specifically referring to the information regarding the system CF. I had a
look in the system tables but I cannot draw anything from that. The output
in the log seems to contain two values (comma separated). What are these
numbers?

I wasn't able to find anything on the web/DataStax docs. Any help would be
greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Vasilis

Re: StatusLogger output

Posted by Vasileios Vlachos <va...@gmail.com>.
Anyone else any idea on how to interpret StatusLogger output? As Sean said,
this may not help in determining the problem, but it would definitely help
my general understanding.

Thanks,
Bill

Re: StatusLogger output