Posted to users@buildr.apache.org by Magnus Rundberget <mr...@hotmail.com> on 2010/06/24 14:54:20 UTC

buildr 1.4.0 performance compared to 1.3.5

Hi,

I have a multiproject build that takes about 35 seconds using buildr 1.3.5/jruby1.4.0(or jruby 1.4.1) on cygwin.

On rubyforge i found a buildr-1.4.0 bundled distribution. When I ran the build with that it now took about 50 seconds.

Any thoughts on why buildr-1.4.0 appears to be so much slower than 1.3.5 ?

kind regards
Magnus

RE: buildr 1.4.0 performance compared to 1.3.5

Posted by Magnus Rundberget <mr...@hotmail.com>.
Should I file a jira/issue for the junit-ant-integration ? Maybe the slowdown is due to changes in ant-junit-1.8.0/1.8.1 on how one should best invoke it ?

I have been testing out gradle for the same build as the one I used as an example for buildr.Out of curiosity I tried downgrading gradles bundled ant(1.8.1 to 1.7.1) to see if I could gain any performance improvement, but it didn´t seem to make any difference there.
I´ve read several postings on people complaining about the ant junit performance after upgrading to version 1.8.0...
cheersMagnus

Posted by Magnus Rundberget <mr...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Magnus Rundberget <mr...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Alex Boisvert <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Magnus Rundberget <mr...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

Well cygwin is what our developer organization use today (with maven 1), we have loads of shellscripts and stuff so windows is not really an option and I don't think linux is going to be an option in the near future either.

I ended up with testing buildr+jruby because I wasn't very successful in getting buildr installed and working with plain ruby.

(tried with cygwins ruby package, but never managed to install buildr using gem install due to rjb version requirement I think)

cheers

Magnus

Posted by Antoine Toulme <an...@lunar-ocean.com>.