Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Hugh Field-Richards <h....@eris.qinetiq.com> on 2004/07/14 18:25:48 UTC

Replace Internal Server Error Page with User Defined Page

Hi

How do I restrict the amount of information that is given
on the Internal Server Error Page? For example I get the
standard page

	Internal Server Error

	Message: Unable to get transformer handler for file: <file name here>

transformer handler for file: <xsl file name here>:
	org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorException: Exception in
creating Transform Handler

	Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet

	Source: Cocoon Servlet

	Request URI

		index-en.html

	cause

		org.apache.xml.utils.WrappedRuntimeException: Could not find variable
with the name of .....

	request-uri

		<uri given>

	full exception chain stacktrace

	etc

I want to be able to put out the minimum amount of information
here on the working system from my own error page. For
example: the requesting URI, a simple message to say a
failure has happened, and please contact the webmaster etc etc.

Any help here would be much appreciated. My apologies if this
has already been discussed. I have looked in the archives and
nothing was immediately obvious.

TIA

Hugh F-R

Dr Hugh S. Field-Richards
QinetiQ, St Andrew's Road, Malvern, Worcs, WR14 3PS, UK
Tel: ++1684 895075   Fax: ++1684 896113
Email: h.field-richards@eris.qinetiq.com

The views expressed above area are entirely those of the writer and
do not represent the views, policy or understanding of any other
person or official body.

Re: Replace Internal Server Error Page with User Defined Page

Posted by Hugh Field-Richards <h....@eris.qinetiq.com>.
Hi Tim

It was a bit more than that - the following works for me
in my master sitemap ...

          <map:selector logger="sitemap.selector.exception"
name="exception" src="org.apache.cocoon.selection.ExceptionSelector">
             <exception
class="org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException" name="not-found"/>
             <exception
class="org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.InvalidContinuationException"
name="invalid-continuation"/>
             <exception name="processing"
class="org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException" unroll="true"/>
             <exception name="sax" class="org.xml.sax.SAXException"/>
          </map:selector>
       </map:selectors>

          <map:handle-errors>
             <map:select type="exception">
                <map:when test="processing">
                   <map:generate
src="context://static/error-internalServer.html"/>
                   <map:serialize/>
                </map:when>
                <map:when test="sax">
                   <map:generate
src="context://static/error-internalServer.html"/>
                   <map:serialize/>
                </map:when>
                <map:when test="not-found">
                   <map:generate
src="context://static/error-internalServer.html"/>
                   <map:serialize/>
                </map:when>
             </map:select>
          </map:handle-errors>

    </map:pipelines>

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction though.

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
Probably 500

-Tim

Posted by Hugh Field-Richards <h....@eris.qinetiq.com>.