Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Olivier <Ol...@cs.ait.ac.th> on 2016/06/17 08:12:54 UTC

SA loggin mechanism

Hi,

I am trying to understand how SA loggin is working.

From Mail::SpamAssassin::Logger I see that:

log_message($level, @message)
        Log a message at a specific level. Levels are specified as strings:
        "warn", "error", "info", and "dbg". The first element of the message
        must be prefixed with a facility name followed directly by a
        colon.

There are 4 levels of log message, but spamassassin only allows 2
levels: debug (-D) or no debug.

So what is the purpose of the levels error, warn and info if they cannot
be selected independantly? Should th levels info, warn and error always
being displayed and the level debug only with activated with a -D?

What is the proper way to write the error loggin part in a plugin?

Best regards,

Olivier