Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Marc Carter <MC...@uk.ibm.com> on 2006/07/31 14:50:29 UTC

Re: Pool of concurrently shared objects

I have not sent anything back to Jakarta yet although I do have the code.
The main reason I have not sent it back is that is a simple and flawed
solution, far from bullet-proof.  The main issues being the handling of
invalidated objects and the choice of distribution algorithm
(intrinsically more complicated than the FIFO/LIFO choice non-shared
object pools have).  Oh, and total lack of testing as "it works for me".

Give me a week so I can get clearance to publicise the code and I will
post the two files (keyed and non-keyed) here.

Might I ask what kind of objects you are pooling?  Evidence seems to show
this is an uncommon scenario but if more usecases are presented then maybe
a formal solution will be proposed.

Marc Carter
Performance Analyst
IBM Senior Inventor

"Anil Kumar Y." <an...@virtusa.com>
26/07/2006 03:36
Please respond to
"Jakarta Commons Users List" <co...@jakarta.apache.org>

<co...@jakarta.apache.org>, <sa...@apache.org>,
<sa...@gmail.com>, Marc Carter/UK/IBM@IBMGB
cc

Subject
Pool of concurrently shared objects

Hi All,

Was there any code that was checked in regarding having a Pool of
concurrently Shared Object, appreciate your help if someone can share
code / related information that is already posted or built on the same
lines.

Thank You,

Anil Yachareni