Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Giovanni Azua <gi...@imc.nl> on 2007/11/14 10:46:24 UTC

Migration from S2.0.x to S2.1.x

hi,

I have been collecting a few points required for migrating from S2.0.x
to S2.1.x and I would like to bookkeep this info somewhere. Of course,
if we do it in Wiki  it will benefit others too ... where exactly could
we enter this?

best regards,
Giovanni

Re: Migration from S2.0.x to S2.1.x

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/11/22, Giovanni Azua <gi...@imc.nl>:

> I have put together all issues I have encountered while migrating my
> application from Struts 2.0.x to 2.1.x under the following link:
>

> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/S2WIKI/Migrating+From+Struts+2.0.x+to+2.1.x

Nice work Giovanni!
This page seems like a troubleshooting guide when migrating, probably it
should be renamed.
I fixed the width of the page, so now you can read it easily; and I added a
comment about Tiles.

Thanks!
Antonio

Re: Migration from S2.0.x to S2.1.x

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- Giovanni Azua <gi...@imc.nl> wrote:
> I have put together all issues I have encountered
> while migrating my application from Struts 2.0.x
> to 2.1.x under the following link:

Thanks :)

> redirect-action

Redirect action is still supported; the result type is
"redirectAction".

d.

Re: Migration from S2.0.x to S2.1.x

Posted by Giovanni Azua <gi...@imc.nl>.
hi!

I have put together all issues I have encountered while migrating my
application from Struts 2.0.x to 2.1.x under the following link:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/S2WIKI/Migrating+From+Struts+2.0.x+to+2.1.x

My knowledge of Struts 2 is very shallow and at Users level so don't
expect the explanations to be deep :) this is just a simple list of
issue/resolutions that have worked for me and will be used by some of my
colleagues to port to 2.1.x. There are some assumptions I have made like
e.g. "... redirect-action is no longer supported ..." so please correct
me if I am wrong ...

Best regards,
Giovanni

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.