Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by esposj <jo...@j-espo.com> on 2007/07/05 16:43:56 UTC

Several messages a day are not getting scanned (no X-Spam-Status)

I have recently upgraded to SA3.2 (via ISPConfig) and have several users
seeing messages come through without any SA processing.  On my personal
account, I see 2-5 messages a day which don't have a X-Spam-Status and are
very obviously spam.

SA is called through PROCMAIL and I have confirmed that the messages getting
through aren't too big to get blocked by the PROCMAIL script.

My thoughts are to write another procmail rule at the end to check for the
X-Spam-Status header and if missing feed back into the SA rule.  This seems
like an unneeded hack, and I hope someone could point me at some other
troubleshooting ideas.

Thanks,
Joe Esposito
The Seagroatt Companies
Albany, NY

Re: Several messages a day are not getting scanned (no X-Spam-Status)

Posted by esposj <jo...@j-espo.com>.

arni wrote:

> you might be using the to: field to determine who the mail is to and
> scan acording to that - thats not a safe way because it can be forged,
> use headers such as envelope-to or delivered-to as added by your mta to
> find out where a mail is really going
>
> arni

Hi Arni:

I'm not using the to field as far as I know.

Here's the relevant part of the procmail script.
--
:0fw
* < 256000
| /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/tools/spamassassin/usr/bin/spamassassin
--prefs-file=/data/ispcpnfig/web1/user/fakename/.user_prefs
--

All the spams getting through are < 10k.

Re: Several messages a day are not getting scanned (no X-Spam-Status)

Posted by arni <ma...@arni.name>.