Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Henric Rosvall <he...@opv.se> on 2007/05/29 12:21:35 UTC

SHoft + Tab => Decrement not implemented.

Hi !

I'm using a heavilly modified version of the JSVGCanvas (Batik 1.6) to
display and alter graphics.

Now I want to tab between the "controls" (graphical objects that can be
edited) on the canvas, and most of the time it works like it should. But
when the canvas ha focus, and I press Shoft + Tab, the following
exception is thrown:

java.lang.Error: Decrement not implemented.
at
org.apache.batik.gvt.event.AWTEventDispatcher.decrementKeyTarget(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.batik.gvt.event.AWTEventDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.batik.gvt.event.AWTEventDispatcher.keyPressed(Unknown
Source)
at org.apache.batik.swing.svg.JSVGComponent$15.run(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.batik.util.RunnableQueue.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I've disabled all interactors I could find, so what is it that makes the
Canvas respond to my Shift + Tab except for my own keyhandler?

// Henric Rosvall

Re: SHoft + Tab => Decrement not implemented.

Posted by th...@kodak.com.
Hi Henric,

"Henric Rosvall" <he...@opv.se> wrote on 05/29/2007 06:21:35 AM:

> Now I want to tab between the "controls" (graphical objects that can
> be edited) on the canvas, and most of the time it works like it
> should. But when the canvas ha focus, and I press Shoft + Tab, the
> following exception is thrown:
> java.lang.Error: Decrement not implemented.
> at org.apache.batik.gvt.event.AWTEventDispatcher.
> decrementKeyTarget(Unknown Source)

   Yes, this is because the canvas has some preliminary support
for focusing elements in the DOM (what you are doing manually).

> I've disabled all interactors I could find, so what is it that makes
> the Canvas respond to my Shift + Tab except for my own keyhandler?

   The easiest thing to do will be to replace the event dispatcher.
I think currently you will need to override 'initializeEventHandling()'
in the canvas to do that (I'm adding a 'createEventDispatcher()' method
for the future).

   You subclass can simply implement decrement/incrementKeyTarget as
a no-op.