Posted to user@storm.apache.org by sujitha chinnu <ch...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/26 08:40:46 UTC

Need for capacity planning suggestions for setting up KAFKA - STORM cluster in AWS

Hai All,

  I'm collecting twitter data in my local machine in single node
(linux-ubuntu) cluster using storm topology. Now I want to keep this in
production by buying AWS servers. So I need suggestions on capacity
planning for setting up KAFKA-STORM cluster.

Can anyone suggest me the memory utilizations for the following :

1. How much memory space should I allocate to ZOOKEEPER cluster ?

2. How much memory space should I allocate to SUPERVISOR & NIMBUS nodes ?

3. How much memory space should I allocate to KAFKA cluster ?

Re: Need for capacity planning suggestions for setting up KAFKA - STORM cluster in AWS

Posted by Spico Florin <sp...@gmail.com>.
Hi!
 Well is not only about memory. Is about also about availability, failover,
if your processing is CPU intensive and also the velocity and the volume of
data that you ingest.
Florin

Posted by researcher cs <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sai Dilip Reddy Kiralam <dk...@aadhya-analytics.com>.