Posted to users@libcloud.apache.org by Daniel Bruno <da...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/22 19:21:45 UTC

[community] - Presentations

Hi,

I would like to let you know about some presentations that I've made in the
last 12 months about Libcloud.

- FUDCon LATAM 2014 - Managua Nicaragua - October 24th, 2014 - Spanish.
- FUDCon LATAM 2015 - Cordoba Argentina - September 11th, 2015 - Spanish.
- Latinoware 2015 - Foz do Iguaçu Brazil - October 15th, 2015 - Portuguese.

* FUDCon is the Fedora Users and Developers Conference.
* Latinoware is one of the majors Free software events in Latin America and
is held by Itaipu hydropower (the biggest in the world if I'm not wrong) in
the border with Paraguay and Argentina, this year the event had  +4k
attendees.

Daniel Bruno
http://dbruno.org

Re: [community] - Presentations

Posted by Daniel Bruno <da...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 11:17 AM, Tomaz Muraus <to...@apache.org> wrote:

> Great, thanks for the update.
>
> More replies are in-line.
>
> On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 3:55 AM, Daniel Bruno <da...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > The slides are available at http://dbruno.org/media/slides.
> >

> The link (http://dbruno.org/media/slides/libcloud.odp) doesn't work for
> me,
> it redirects me back to the mail site.

I've fixed it, please try again.

> > On FUDCon the people there are composed almost completely by developers
> > and/or grad students, and the people there showed a lot of interesting
> > about the features and we spend some time doing some examples codes
> > basically with compute, and for this I've used my personal accounts on
> AWS,
> > Rackspace and Digital Ocean.
> >

> We have some contacts at Rackspace and DigitalOcean so if you are going to
> do more presentations and demos I can try reaching out to them and asking
> for some free credits for your testing account.
>

> > But on Latinoware, there was a mix between the attendees, not only
> > developers but project managers and even a CTO of a company located in
> Foz
> > do Iguaçu, and with the code examples, I've had to answer some questions
> > like if the price is the same for the instances created with Libcloud but
> > in different providers. I've noticed that the people was very interested
> > use in they company, also I've talked with a guy from Globo.com, one of
> the
> > biggest tech companies in Brazil that made a lot of questions about the
> > usage with private and public providers.
> >
> > Regarding the blog post, yeah I can do it, could be in English,
> Portuguese
> > or Spanish :). How can I publish?
> >

> Website code is stored in a SVN repository (
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/libcloud/site/trunk/) and blog posts are
> simple Markdown files (you can find plenty of examples here
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/libcloud/site/trunk/source/_posts/).
>
> You can clone the repository, add your post and send me a patch.

I'll send a patch with the post until the weekend. Thank you.

Posted by Tomaz Muraus <to...@apache.org>.
Great, thanks for the update.

Posted by Daniel Bruno <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi,