Posted to user@kudu.apache.org by Alexandre Fouché <af...@onfocus.io> on 2017/03/09 14:34:00 UTC

How to reuse tablet server UUID, or removing old one

Hi all

I have searched and searched, but could not find how to tell that a
previous tablet server uuid is to be removed
I had to replace disks on tabletserver5, so i deleted all data, since there
were replicas on other servers. Now that i restarted Kudu on tabletserver5
with empty data, it initialised fine, but since (i saw afterwards on webUI)
it has a new UUID, it is recognised as a new server, and it does not resync
its tablets replcas with other tablet servers (edited). It has the same
hostname as before but different UUID

And in WebUI, i see the same tabletserver5 with the previous UUID marked as
‘dead'

How can i tel Kudu to completely remove the dead tabletserver5 UUID and
populate the new tabletserver5 UUID instead ?

the `kudu` command line tool does not seem to allow to delete a tablet
server UUID, or decommission
so how ?

Or other way, how can i recreate an empty Kudu tablet server reusing my old
UUID ?

Re: How to reuse tablet server UUID, or removing old one

Posted by Alexandre Fouché <af...@onfocus.io>.
Greaat, Thank you all very much !

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Alexandre Fouché <af...@onfocus.io>.