Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Wechsung, Wulf" <wu...@sap.com> on 2011/10/19 23:07:15 UTC

progressive display

Hello T-User,

I would like to start using the progressive display component to create the illusion of responsitivity (:) ) but I'm facing the problem that if anything goes wrong
during the rendering of the P-D's body it will not show an error page and instead keeps showing the load animation.

Is there a quick way fix for that?

My component template looks like this:

<t:progressivedisplay update="show">

             <t:grid source="systemResults" />

</t:progressivedisplay>

And my component eventhandler is like this:

@OnEvent(EventConstants.PROGRESSIVE_DISPLAY)
void onProgressiveDisplay() {
        ... create query etc ...
        /** this might take a while ...**/
        systemResults = em.createQuery(query).getResultList();

}

The grid rendering fails with a class  cast exception because I haven't provided a proper beanmodel yet. I can see the trace in the console but the P-D just keeps loading.

Best Regards,
Wulf

Re: progressive display

Posted by David Canteros <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi again!  For instance: i have a page with the following tml:

<t:progressivedisplay t:id="processingWork" update="show"
                initial="block:loadingBlock" />

<t:block id="loadingBlock">
 </t:block>

 <t:block id="workErrorBlock">
 </t:block>

<t:block id="workDoneBlock">
 </t:block>

And in the java file :

    @Inject
    private Block workDoneBlock;
    @Inject
    private Block workErrorBlock;

    public Object onProgressiveDisplayFromProcessingWork() {
        try {
            // working code
            return workDoneBlock;
        } catch (Exception e) {