Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jerry Jalenak <Je...@LABONE.com> on 2002/07/15 17:18:14 UTC

Validator use of JavaScript

I've started looking at the struts-validator as a way to handle all of my
basic form validation.  In looking at the validation.xml file in the
struts-validator.war, it appears that JavaScript is required; i.e. several
of the default validation routines use JavaScript to perform the actual
validation.  How does this work is a user has JavaScript disabled in their
browser?  Am I just missing something here?

Thanks!

Jerry

This transmission (and any information attached to it) may be confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the transmission to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this transmission in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify LabOne at (800)388-4675.

Re: Validator use of JavaScript

Posted by David Winterfeldt <dw...@yahoo.com>.
It is just an option to have JavaScript validation.
The JavaScript methods perform the same logic as the
java methods that are referenced. The server side
validation is always performed if you have everything
setup correctly and the JavaScript is just to enrich
the user's interface.

David