Posted to users@camel.apache.org by mathbarth <ma...@sls.aphp.fr> on 2012/09/11 11:42:24 UTC

Windows 2003 server mount

Hi Camel users,

I can't have a file2 component consuming  files from a remote folder mount
on Windows 2003 server with Camel 2.7.

I checked the Full Control on folder permission to the user running camel.

The mount is accessible through a simple java test case File().exists
"h:\\myRemoteFolder"

I tested replacing backslashes with forward slashes.

And lastly, copying "h:\\myRemoteFolder"  and its content  to
"c:\\myRemoteFolder" and modifying accordingly the route 'from' endpoint to
"file:c:\\myRemoteFolder?include.*\\.hl7&readLock=changed" worked like a
charm!

Thus, it seems to me that there is an issue with file2 messages consuming on
Windows server 2003 mount...?

Can anybody help? Did I miss something?

Thanks in advance.

Mathieu

Re: Windows 2003 server mount

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
It looks more like the issue of user permission.
btw, you can use the camel:run plugin to start the camel application without using tomcat.

--
Willem Jiang

FuseSource
Web: http://www.fusesource.com (http://www.fusesource.com/)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: willemjiang

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
You can set autoCreate=false, then the file consumer will still
startup, but can't pickup files, until the mapped drive works for it.

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 2:06 PM, Pontus Ullgren <ul...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would guess that the problem is just that. Since tomcat is running
> as the System account it does not have the same mapped driver.
>
> Have you tried to access the share not using the mount letter (h:) but
> using a UNC path instead (\\server\share\file_path) ?
>
> Also make sure that the tomcat service is running as a user that has
> permission to access the driver.
> Or you can try the camel-smb component [1] which lets you specify the
> user to use when accessing the share.
>
> [1] https://github.com/Redpill-Linpro/camel-smb
> Best regards
> Pontus Ullgren
>

> On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 12:40 PM, mathbarth
> <ma...@sls.aphp.fr> wrote:
>>
>> Camel 2.10.1 traces the following warning message when starting the route:
>>
>> "Cannot auto create starting directory h:/myRemoteFolder"
>>
>> Mount is alright and I can create folder manually.
>>
>> Camel is loaded within a Spring web application in the Apache tomcat
>> container. I guess that I mistake the permissions of the windows user
>> starting the tomcat service...
>>
>> Mathieu
>>

>> --

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

Re: Windows 2003 server mount

Posted by Pontus Ullgren <ul...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by mathbarth <ma...@sls.aphp.fr>.
Hello Willem,

Thanks for your reply.

I successfully upgraded to 2.10.1 but it did not solve the problem.

When I change the route 'from' endpoint to the same path on c: drive, it
works fine. No error traces anywhere...

I am really getting confused...

Posted by Willem jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Can you try to use the latest released camel 2.10.1 ?