Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Nilgün Belma Bugüner <ni...@belgeler.gen.tr> on 2008/05/06 14:58:55 UTC

Documentation Project Officer/Manager

Hi,

The person whose name appears next to "Turkish" in the list of
translation projects at your site (URL
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-project/translations.html )
has done no actual work in this project. If he is listed there
just because he translated some error messages or as such,
we (the actual translators) will not hesitate to leave
where we are ignored.

Or if you decide to list the actual translators, please apply
the patch I sent to the list on April 1st, 2008.

Please clearly state your decision in this regard. Depending on
that I will review my decision not send any further Turkish
translations.

Best regards,
Nilgün Belma Bugüner

Re: Documentation Project Officer/Manager

Posted by Tony Stevenson <to...@pc-tony.com>.
Nilgün Belma Bugüner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The person whose name appears next to "Turkish" in the list of
> translation projects at your site (URL
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-project/translations.html )
> has done no actual work in this project. If he is listed there
> just because he translated some error messages or as such,
> we (the actual translators) will not hesitate to leave
> where we are ignored.

If someone is listed it is because they have done some work, that work
may not have been recent, but they have done some work nontheless.
I don't think there is any need to be so forceful.  you have been told
several times already, by myself, that the process to apply patches and
update the docs is by no means set in stone.  Sometimes it can happen in
minutes, other times it can take days or weeks.  As you saw last time
when you noticed your patches had not been reviewed and committed, I
spent some considerable time merging your patches into a working state
so I could review them, before committing them.  It all depends on
people having the cycles to process, review, commit and then ensure the
live site is updated.

We do not mean to ignore you. If you feel your patch has not been
processed, drop us a reminder say 4 or 5 days after you initially submit
it. This is only a gentle reminder.
> Or if you decide to list the actual translators, please apply
> the patch I sent to the list on April 1st, 2008.

I don't see any such patch, can you resend to the list please?
> Please clearly state your decision in this regard. Depending on
> that I will review my decision not send any further Turkish
> translations.

We welcome help, patches, and updates from anyone and everyone. We do
not single people out.