Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by rsi610 <ra...@lntinfotech.com> on 2014/06/05 10:02:46 UTC

Re: How to Embed PDF in a Web Page

I am trying to achieve embedding pdf in a web page using Wicket.I am stuck
deciding whether to use Downloadlink or resourceLink .Can someone please
explain me the difference and also help me in embedding the web page ?

Re: How to Embed PDF in a Web Page

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
This might also be of some help

https://github.com/reiern70/antilia-bits/tree/master/content-iframe/src/main/java/com/antilia

On Thu, Jun 5, 2014 at 10:02 AM, rsi610 <ra...@lntinfotech.com> wrote:

> I am trying to achieve embedding pdf in a web page using Wicket.I am stuck
> deciding whether to use Downloadlink or resourceLink .Can someone please
> explain me the difference and also help me in embedding the web page ?

Regards - Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro

Re: How to Embed PDF in a Web Page

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

You need to use ResourceLink because you need "Content-Disposition: Inline"
response header to tell the browser to *try* to render the pdf.
With DownloadLink it will be "Content-Disposition: Download" and the
browser will popup a confirm dialog to the user asking her where to store
the file.

But to work the browser needs to know how to render PDFs (either out of the
box, or with a plugin). If there is no such support then the browser will
offer to download the file.

Martin Grigorov
Wicket Training and Consulting