Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by David Illsley <da...@uk.ibm.com> on 2006/05/06 17:51:29 UTC

[Axis2] WSA-WSDL and AxisService and AxisOperation question

Hi,
I'm starting work on adding support for the WS-Addressing WSDL binding
specification [1], specifically the UsingAddressing [2] flag. This flag is
allowed as a child of the port or the binding element and I'm trying to
work out where this flag should be represented in the runtime object
model. From examination of the code the code I've come to the following
conclusions:

1. An AxisService object represents a WSDL service and the AxisOperation
object a binding operation
2. Given the above and that a service may consist of multiple ports and
the UsingAddressing flag may be set on a per-port/binding basis it can't
be accurately reflected on AxisService and thus should be represented on
AxisOperation.

Can anyone confirm that these are in fact the case or point me to
documentation about these classes?

Thanks,
David

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-ws-addr-wsdl-20060216/
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-ws-addr-wsdl-20060216/#id2269230

Re: [Axis2] WSA-WSDL and AxisService and AxisOperation question

Posted by David Illsley <da...@uk.ibm.com>.
Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk> wrote on 05/07/2006 12:12:44
AM:
> Um the code .. :). Also there's some info in the architecture guide and
> some articles about arch that may help.

:-) so a deeper look at the code suggests that my question is moot wrt an
Axis2 service as appears it can only consist of 1 port (which references a
single binding).

Are there any short term plans to support multiple ports per service? (If
there are I'll approach this differently)

Thanks,
David

Re: [Axis2] WSA-WSDL and AxisService and AxisOperation question

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
On Sat, 2006-05-06 at 16:51 +0100, David Illsley wrote:
> 1. An AxisService object represents a WSDL service and the AxisOperation
> object a binding operation
> 2. Given the above and that a service may consist of multiple ports and
> the UsingAddressing flag may be set on a per-port/binding basis it can't
> be accurately reflected on AxisService and thus should be represented on
> AxisOperation.

+1; all you'd need to do is make sure engageModule is called on the
right operations only in the generated stub.

However, I can't imagine people will use that feature much: if you're
using addressing you're likely to be using it for all the operations
aren't you?? Anyway Axis2 can handle whatever the pattern.

> Can anyone confirm that these are in fact the case or point me to
> documentation about these classes?

Um the code .. :). Also there's some info in the architecture guide and
some articles about arch that may help.

Sanjiva.