Posted to user@flume.apache.org by lulynn_2008 <lu...@163.com> on 2011/09/27 09:02:49 UTC

can flume get incremental data from database(such as DB2)?

  Hello,
If I want to transfer incremental data from database to HDFS. Can flume be the middle layer? I mean flume get incremental data from database(such as DB2), and then transfer the data to HDFS. Please give your suggestion. Thank you.

Re: can flume get incremental data from database(such as DB2)?

Posted by Arvind Prabhakar <ar...@apache.org>.
You may want to explore using Sqoop for this particular use-case. More
information on Sqoop is available at the following links:

Sqoop Wiki: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SQOOP/Home
User Guide: http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/sqoop/SqoopUserGuide.html

Thanks,
Arvind

Posted by "Huang, Zijian(Victor)" <zi...@etrade.com>.
I am not aware of any SQL source in Flume. it only has  "tailing files" as a source right now. you probably have to write your own. I don't think it is difficult to implement a simple one, which read in records from a DB table and then serialized as Avro event and send it over to the collectorSource

Vic