Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at> on 2007/01/24 10:22:22 UTC

myfaces resource loader and lastModified time

Hi!

Now that I am again working around in MyFacesResourceLoader I've had a
look at its lastModified stuff.

You know, we create a properties file with a date generated during the
build process to determine the last modified time we have to send to the
browser.

There the method states:

     * Unfortunately this is not possible with files inside jars.
Instead, the
     * MyFaces build process ensures that there is a file
AddResource.properties
     * which has the datestamp of the time the build process was run.
This method
     * simply gets that value and returns it.

Which is wrong IMHO. At least the URLConnection has a method called
getLastModified() :-)

So we can extend this class to use the real lastModified date and even
further, we can check the date we get from the browser and send back a
correct http status code in case the resource has not changed.

Any objections?

Ciao,
Mario

Re: myfaces resource loader and lastModified time

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Go for it :-) Can't be any worse that the current broken behavior :-)