Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/13 21:59:20 UTC

[VOTE] Make Apollo Read Only and deprecate it

I would like to propose making Apollo a read only project.

People can always fork it and maintain it themselves... but as of now
we haven't had anyone maintaining for the past 2 years.

We would make it read only... and would make it clear on the website
it's been deprecated and its repository is read only.

If you are positive about this, please send your +1.

If you have a reason to keep it active, please send your -1.

If you don't care and really want to express your opinion your 0.

I'm not sending a discuss thread for this, as I would like to keep
this voting an open conversation.. so if you have other options to how
we should do, I'm open for that here.

I am aiming to keep this thread open for 3 days.

Here is my +1 vote on making the git read only and deprecating it.

Re: [VOTE] Make Apollo Read Only and deprecate it

Posted by Howard Gao <ho...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Arthur Naseef <ar...@amlinv.com>.
+1

Posted by Martyn Taylor <mt...@redhat.com>.
+1 on making it clear that the project is deprecated.  The main thing in my
opinion is the message we send on the website and email lists.  However, I
do still think that making the repository read only makes sense.

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
Agreed, in addition to the changes to the website to make it clear that
Apollo is no longer under active development, this suggestion also sends a
clear message to the user.

Bruce

--
perl -e 'print

Blog: http://bsnyder.org/ <http://bruceblog.org/>
Twitter: http://twitter.com/brucesnyder

Re: [VOTE] Make Apollo Read Only and deprecate it

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andy Taylor <an...@gmail.com>.
why not move the master branch to another name and then have the master
branch just contain a README with some info about it being deprecated. Then
if anyone comes across it they can use it if they want but understand its
not maintained.

Andy

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.