Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Michael Schultz <mi...@metrosoul.com> on 2001/10/16 10:53:09 UTC

Can't programmatically generate XalanSourceTreeDocument

I am trying to programmatically generate an XML document and transform
it with a static XSL template ( static meaning that it is a file on disk
at run-time, not programmatically generated).

I would like to get the performance benefits of using the native
XalanDocument with the XalanTransformer instead of the XercesDOM, but
I've been unable to generate a XalanDocument object, (actually
XalanSourceTreeDocument) and add elements and attributes through the
DOM2 methods such as addElement, appendChild, etc...

Is it possible to do this through the API without resorting to using the
SAX methods in the DocumentBuilder example?  Also, once my tranform is
completed and I've a XalanDocument produced, will I be able to traverse
it programmatically and extract data from it using DOM2 calls such as
getFirstChild, getNodeType, getNextSibling etc...?