Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Hari Menon <ha...@hotmail.com> on 2002/02/16 02:36:24 UTC

mod_header question

I have written an authorization module. If you access a resource and you are
not authorized, then it redirects you to an authentication page. And in this
case, my handler returns an error code so that the resource is not returned
in the resonse.

Now, I also need to set a particular header (in my case, the "P3P" header)
for all HTTP responses including the response that specifies the redirect to
the authentication page (this is because I have to set a cookie within this
redirect response itself - so that after the authenticaton I can redirect
the user to the resource that was originally being accessed).

I wanted to use the HTTP header using the "Header" directive of mod_header.

Now since I return the error from the auth phase, mod_header is not invoked
and the HTTP header does not get added to the response.

I could modify my module to add the HTTP header while sending the redirect;
but that would mean that I need to specify the values for the header in the
httpd.conf (using the Header directive) as well as in my code (or my config
file).

Is there a way around this - anything I can do in my code or within the
httpd.conf file ?

Thanks in advance
Hari