Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Idris Ali <ps...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/05 11:18:05 UTC

oozie action jars are copied to FS dervied from workflow app-path

Hi.

Env oozie-3.2.2

I am running oozie's aggregator coordinator example to test one of my
framework on EMR.

The action element in workflow.xml has a name-node say
hdfs://namenode-A:8020/
I have setup oozie aggregator app by copying the example to a different
namenode say hdfs://namenode-B:8020/

Observations:
1. Since my app-path and data resides on namenode-B, oozie creates the
launcher staging directories in namenode-B.
2. JavaActionExecutor removes the scheme and authority while setting the
distributed cache (addToCache)
3. Hadoop (namenode-A) assumes and tries to find the lib files in its
filesystem and throws this exception:
Map/Reduce failed, error message[JA008: File does not exist:
/user/oozie/oozie-oozi/0000043-121204151259971-oozie-oozi-W/aggregator--map-reduce/map-reduce-launcher.jar]

Ideally I would want oozie to copy the launcher and users lib jars to
nameNode defined in action tag for creating staging dirs.
<action name="aggregator">
        <map-reduce>
            <job-tracker>${jobTracker}</job-tracker>
            <name-node>hdfs://namenode-A:8020</name-node>
            <prepare>
                <delete path="${outputData}"/>
            </prepare>
            <configuration>
</action>

Thanks,
-Idris

More details fro job.properties
nameNode=hdfs://10.190.199.24:9000
jobTracker=10.190.199.24:9001
queueName=default
examplesRoot=examples1
#storage has input/output and aggregator app.
storage=s3n://access:secret@inmobi-grid-emr-dev
oozie.coord.application.path=${nameNode}/${examplesRoot}/apps/aggregator
start=2010-01-01T01:00Z
end=2010-01-01T03:00Z

Re: oozie action jars are copied to FS dervied from workflow app-path

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Idris,

[moving to user@o.a.o, bcc-ing dev@o.a.o]

The Oozie app (coord and wf XMLs, files and JARs) must be in the same NN
configured in the JT.

Thx

--
Alejandro

Re: oozie action jars are copied to FS dervied from workflow app-path

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
Idris,

--
Alejandro