Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Steve Murphy <st...@gnusys.com> on 2012/04/17 11:44:34 UTC

Simple invoicing and accounts system for services

Hi all

I'm an OFBIZ novice  and am trying to set up a simple invoicing and
accounts system for a design services internal organisation .

I only want to use OFBIZ internally -  for order entry, invoicing and
accounts.

My approach so far has been to create a catalogue belonging to the
organisation.  I added the existing ( in the test data I presume  )
"Services"/SERV-001 category to the catalogue.
I then added a product ( e.g. Consultancy 1 day ) to the category.
(While flailing around ) I also created a store to attach the catalogue
to , belonging to the internal organisation , which I am not sure was
appropriate.

I added some Customer party groups then try to enter an order on the
system.  The system then starts asking about shipping addresses,  stock
inventory etc , which is not relevant for this kind of "product".

Can anybody advise me if my basic approach is OK in this situation,  or
should I have gone about this differently?

In an ideal world,  I would like a system that allows me apply customer
specific discounts/rates to the service 'product',  although I don't
mind too much if I have to create a 'product' for each customer to
achieve this end.

I'd be very grateful for any tips or pointers that will help me get
going in the right direction.

Thanks for your time

Steve

-

Re: Simple invoicing and accounts system for services

Posted by Steve Murphy <st...@gnusys.com>.
That's very helpful. Thanks Vikas

--
This email and any files transmitted with it, including replies and forwarded copies subsequently transmitted from Gnusys Limited, are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the original message without keeping any copies.

Gnusys Limited is registered in England and Wales No.3859372.

Re: Simple invoicing and accounts system for services

Posted by Vikas Mayur <vi...@gmail.com>.