Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Dan Quach <da...@shinzu.com> on 2007/12/19 18:30:38 UTC

question about how to test stub timeout

In the axis wiki page http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis/JavaTimeout,
this describes how to set a timeout.

FooServiceLocator loc = new FooServiceLocator();

 FooService binding = loc.getFooService();

 org.apache.axis.client.Stub s = (Stub) binding;

 s.setTimeout(10000);  // 10 seconds, in miliseconds

Is there a way I can actually test a slow connection to verify this bit of
functionality is working?
If I put in a bad url, it will immediately return me, "connection refused"
which doesn't help.

Thanks,

-dan

Re: question about how to test stub timeout

Posted by Sam <sa...@gmail.com>.
I've heard that there are some tools to simulate a slow network
connection for testing purposes, I've never used it but here is a post
about something like that:
http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3031