Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Alexander <ri...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/05 05:26:23 UTC

Improve "Wake On Lan" Logging

I suggest that the logging of the "Wake on Lan" feature be improved, to
make it easier to find the errors related to this functionality.

Re: Improve "Wake On Lan" Logging

Posted by Mike Jumper <mj...@apache.org>.
On Sun, Oct 4, 2020 at 10:26 PM Alexander <ri...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I suggest that the logging of the "Wake on Lan" feature be improved, to
> make it easier to find the errors related to this functionality.

Is there something specific that you think is lacking?

Wake-on-LAN consists of a single UDP packet sent to a broadcast address.
All that can be known is that the attempt to send the packet did not fail,
and Guacamole already logs this at the debug level. There is no way to know
that the packet was received by the intended recipient, nor that the
recipient successfully processed it.

- Mike