Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Evgeny Bogdanov <ev...@epfl.ch> on 2010/05/14 17:33:35 UTC

How to build in eclipse

I am trying to debug a java version in eclipse ... no luck (

I set it up according to:
http://shindig.apache.org/developers/java/build.html

The debugger works as expected.
However if I change the code, the changes are not taken.
"Project -> Build automatically" is checked in eclipse

"Right click on the project -> Run As.. -> Maven build " gives
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[ERROR] The build could not read 1 project -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]   The project
org.apache.shindig:shindig-gadgets:1.1-BETA6-SNAPSHOT
(/Library/WebServer/Documents/shindig/java/gadgets/pom.xml) has 2 errors
[ERROR]
'dependencies.dependency.(groupId:artifactId:type:classifier)' must be
unique: net.sourceforge.nekohtml:nekohtml:jar -> duplicate declaration
of version (?)
[ERROR]
'dependencies.dependency.(groupId:artifactId:type:classifier)' must be
unique: org.apache.shindig:shindig-common:test-jar -> duplicate
declaration of version (?)
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the
-e switch.
[ERROR]
please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException

Thanks in advance
Evgeny
PS:
Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers.
Build id: 20100218-1602
Mac OSX 10.6.3

Re: How to build in eclipse

Posted by Paul Lindner <li...@inuus.com>.
You can also do this:

 cd java/server
 mvn jetty:run

This starts a jetty instance running on most resources in place (including content and webapp directories).  After you do a build you can press enter to reload the server instance.

Re: How to build in eclipse

Posted by franck tankoua <ft...@gmail.com>.

--
Franck